Welcome!

Welcome to the fine art blog of San Diego photographer Stefanie Poteet. Here you will find photographs of everything from vintage hot rods to rubber ducks and everything in between.

If you are interested in Stefanie's wedding and event photography or portraiture, please visit her client blog.



Monday, January 23, 2012

Motel Monday - Whywhata?

Spontaneous road trips are the spice of life, and the day I found the Yreka Motel while road tripping with my parents was no exception. We'd spent the weekend in Ashland Oregon watching my sister play softball and were on our way home when we started taking scenic detours. Historic Route 99 winds through several little towns off the main freeway, including places like Weed, Shasta, and Yreka. 

This googie plastic sign immediately caught my eye. It's metal sputnik and the colors of the corrugated plastic letters looked like something that belonged in Los Angeles, not in this quiet mountain town. And yet there it was, staring me in the face. Naturally I had to take it's picture. 
Tonight I think I'll take the long way home. Happy Monday.

- Stefanie

No comments: