Welcome!

Welcome to the fine art blog of San Diego photographer Stefanie Poteet. Here you will find photographs of everything from vintage hot rods to rubber ducks and everything in between.

If you are interested in Stefanie's wedding and event photography or portraiture, please visit her client blog.



Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jill & André - The Community Boating Center in Boston

On a rainy day a few months ago, Jill and André celebrated their recent nuptials with their family and friends at the Community Boating Center along the Charles River. The couple had been married in Hawaii... yes, I totally wish I'd been there to photograph the event... but held their wedding reception in Boston. And I was the lucky one who got to capture all the fun.

For example, these kids were completely hilarious. Look at that concentration! And the two who weren't playing were completely focused. They didn't want me to get too close and mess anything up. Adorable.
Of course there was food. Jill wanted me to capture it before it all disappeared.
The beautiful bride herself...
I loved their flowers. They were so bright and colorful, and very appreciated on an overcast blustery day.
The great thing about events like these is that you have the opportunity to catch a series of images that really tell a story about the day. For instance...
Or...
There's a few more "series" shots throughout the rest of the post. I'm certain they'll be pretty difficult to miss.

I almost forgot about this one. The finger in the orange juice... I just love it.
Dancing fun!
You have no idea how long it took me to get this shot. He was eating watermelon for most of the reception and I thought it was so cute. But every time he'd grab a piece he'd hide from me behind the centerpieces. I had to be very very sneaky...
Jill and André chatting with André's mother.
Sweet details. Weddings are always so full of them.

I wonder what's out there...
And then it was time for a toast.
Cutest thing ever...
Shortly after the toast, just about every kid in the room wanted cake. They even started asking me when it would be served. And when the cake cutting finally happened, Jill and André were totally surrounded.
If I didn't know any better I'd think that I asked him to pose.
I'm convinced that a camera brings out the goofy in kids. I like it.
And lastly, there is nothing sweeter than a mother and her daughter or a couple that is happily in love.
Congratulations to Jill and André and thank you for making me a part of your crazy little luncheon.

No comments: