Welcome!

Welcome to the fine art blog of San Diego photographer Stefanie Poteet. Here you will find photographs of everything from vintage hot rods to rubber ducks and everything in between.

If you are interested in Stefanie's wedding and event photography or portraiture, please visit her client blog.



Sunday, November 17, 2013

It's that Time of Year... 28 of 365

I photographed this sign in a rougher part of Los Angeles a few years ago. I usually study my signs, walking around, searching for different angles and selecting the one I like best. Photographing this sign was different, even with a friend nearby I felt uncomfortable and rushed myself. There was no study, no observation. This was snap and run, quite literally. 

For some reason after I made it home to upload photos and edit, I didn't given this one a second look. I ignored it simply because I didn't think it was the shot I wanted. What a difference a few years makes...
As a side note, I hate corrugated cardboard, but man do I love that texture when it's part of a sign. So hypocritical of me, I know.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: